Notice in connection with the Karnataka State Government announcements concerning the containment of the COVID 19 disease
(click here for the pdf version)
In view of the prevailing situation relating to COVID 19, and the instructions of the Karnataka State Government, to prevent further spread of the virus, the following instructions are being issued, as a precautionary measure to limit contact between people and thereby limit the spread of the virus:
- All the academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are suspended for 15 days, effective from March 14, 2020. These include classes, examinations, seminars, conferences, visits, laboratory work, project work for interns, etc.
- The residents of the campus and the faculty should stay home, avoid social gatherings and maintain social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
- All students are instructed to proceed to their homes before noon of March 16, 2020 and await further instructions.
- All officers and staff in administration will continue to discharge their official functions over internet/VPN and whenever there is a need to be physically present in the Institute, they would be required to do so. Officers and Staff should always be available on phone/email for contact at any point of time.
- The Health Centre, and essential services like Security, housekeeping, etc., will be functioning as usual. To further encourage social distancing, the library will also remain closed.
- All amenities, excluding the pharmacy and the milk parlour will remain closed. All eateries will also remain closed during this period.
- All club activities like Gymkhana, Faculty club, Tata Memorial Club etc will remain suspended until further orders.
- The travel restrictions issued on March 10 and 12, 2020, and the quarantining of travellers, will continue until they are reviewed. These instructions need to be strictly followed, without any exception.
- As clarity on the current evolving situation emerges, students registered in the various courses (UG and PG), and degree programs, will be informed as to how the interruption of the semester will be handled.
- IISc community members are advised to follow all updates.
These are precautionary measures to limit the spread of the pandemic and will only work if everyone concerned takes these instructions seriously. In particular, it is the responsibility of every traveler to strictly adhere to quarantine instructions.
Bangalore, 14 March 2020 Registrar, IISc