Indian Institute of Science (IISc) also referred to as ‘the Institute’ at certain places announce Admissions to the following:
(i) Course programme – (M Tech/M Des)
(ii) Course programme – (M Mgt)
(iii) Sponsored Course programme (M Tech) – [For the Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NTRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD and CPRI.]
(iv) Research programme – Doctoral (Ph D) and Master’s (M Tech [Res])
(v) Integrated Ph D programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences disciplines.
(vi) Ph D External Registration programme (ERP)
The Ph D ERP at the Institute provides opportunities to
(a) individuals employed in R & D environments in scientific institutions or industries and
(b) young Engineering / Science faculty members of all Engineering Colleges/Universities including Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Medical Colleges,/Universities recognized by appropriate government agencies to pursue research degrees in Science / Engineering.
Candidates should go through the requirement of basic qualifications carefully and satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria for the admission.
1. Candidates applying for :
(i) Course programmes (M Tech/M Des) are allowed to indicate preferences for a maximum of 5 disciplines in one application.
(ii) Course programmes (M Mgt) have only one option under Management Studies.
(iii) Sponsored Course programmes (M Tech) have only one option.
(iv) Research programmes are allowed to indicate preferences for a maximum of 3 departments / centers / units in one application.
(v) Ph D (Integrated) programmes are allowed to indicate preferences for a maximum of 2 disciplines.
(vi) External Registration programmes have only one option.
Only one application is entertained for each of the programme. Candidates should not submit 2 applications for one programme. Such application will be rejected.
Application Forms which are incomplete are liable to be rejected.
2. Please note that the receipt of a call letter for an interview does not confer any right upon the applicant for admission to the Institute.
3. Please note that concealing or misrepresenting information of any sort will lead to automatic cancellation of admission even after selection/admission.
4. Any claim or dispute arising in respect of admissions 2019 must be notified in writing on or before 30.9.2019. It is hereby made absolutely clear that the Courts and Tribunals in Bangalore, and Bangalore alone, shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle all such disputes or claims.
5. Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) applicants for the Admissions at the Institute.
Persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports are eligible to apply for admission to the academic programmes of IISc provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
Persons of Indian origin holding foreign passports and not holding an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 can seek admission through the International Students Admission process.