M J Thirumalachar & M J Narasimhan Endowment Lectures
To honour the memory of her well-known mycologist husband, MJ Thirumalachar, and their son, M J Narasimhan, M Jeerasannidhi Kasthuri endowed a lecture series in 2007. On 18th June, 2015, the endowment lecture was given by Shankar Balasubramanian – the Herchel Smith Professor of Medicinal Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge.
- Richard J Roberts, Why I Love Bacteria, 2011
- Venkataraman Ramakrishnan, How Antibiotics illuminate Ribosome Function & vice versa, 2011
- Shankar Balasubramanian, Decoding Human Genomes on a Population Scale, 2015
- Shankar Balasubramanian, FRS FMedSci,Herchel Smith Professor Of Medicinal Chemistry, Fellow of Trinity College, Department of Chemistry,University of Cambridge, UK, 2015.
- Inder Verma, Gen Therapy: It works, Professor Irwin & Joan Jacobs Chair in Exemplary Life Science, American Cancer Society. Professor of Molecular Biology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA, 2018